Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fastidious

Fastidious is an adjective describing someone who has high standards and difficult to please.  Someone who is demanding of excessive delicacy or care.  Someone who is meticulous and sensitive.  Do you know anyone like this?  


I am not sure why I picked this word today.  It is kind of fun to say, but quite frankly while I admire people who are fastidious, they can be a challenge to be around. There are several people in my life who are fastidious and while this may be an attribute, I think it must be a heavy burden to carry. To have such high standards, they must face many disappointments in life when others do not live up to their expectations. My cat Lilly is fastidious with her grooming habits, but she is easy to please.  All I need to do is brush her once a day and she is quite happy. 


People who are fastidious are sometimes also referred to as being persnickety. Another great word!  If I were more fastidious with my writing, there might be some point to this post. I will do a better job next week and then you can call me persnickety.  Big sigh.  Have a good week. 


Those two are a fastidious couple... she's fast and he's hideous. 
 Henny Youngman (March 16, 1906 - February 23, 1998)

April in Diamond eyes
by Constantine
slamming onto white keys on a piano,
enough rude chords to think the strings would snap;
From such harsh playing passionate sweat falling from eyelashes
from closed eyes. Age could be shown by hands rough corners and the
story behind every wrinkle. you couldn't see years past his beard, just a stern man hunched over with fastidious fingers. Whom was not even playing music anymore but just sound, brutal and beautiful sound.


No comments:

Post a Comment