Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 7, 2012 - Simply Words

Dear Friends,

Thank you for following my first week of blogging!

I started out with a plan to post one simple word each week, with the intent of spending quality time learning and incorporating the word into my daily vocabulary.  The main desideratum for this blog is to share, learn and have fun.  I thought that one word a day would be more fun than one word each week.

A couple of my dear friends gently pointed out that I was being capricious and overly ambitious with this pursuit.  There is no doubt, at times I approach and engage in projects as if I am ubiquitous.  With that being said, I have decided to take the advice of my cherished friends and will take a slower, more ethereal approach to this blog.  As I said initially, this is my first attempt at blogging, so I hope you will extend grace and stick with me. I will continue to look to our Father in the empyrean for inspiration and guidance as I journey down this path.  I hope you will walk with me.

Hopefully, you have already noted that I have used all of the words posted last week in the preceding paragraph. Properly, I hope!  It might sound silly, but I had fun with it and of course this is all about me.

I will post the word for the week on Monday mornings and look forward to your thoughts and comments throughout the week.

"Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with deeper meaning."
Maya Angelou

1 comment:

  1. Well having quoted Maya Angelou I had to add this to your blog because you are:

    Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
    I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
    But when I start to tell them,
    They think I'm telling lies.
    I say,
    It's in the reach of my arms
    The span of my hips,
    The stride of my step,
    The curl of my lips.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

    ReplyDelete