Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6, 2011 - Empyrean



The word for today is Empyrean 

em-puh-ree-uhn  
It is a noun with Latin origin 1600-05

Christianity - Archaic the highest part of the heavens, thought in ancient times to contain the pure element of fire and by early Christians to be the abode of God and angels
  • the highest heaven, supposed by the ancients to contain the pure element of fire.
  • the visible heavens, the firmament.
  • the abode of God and the angels, paradise
In the bible, it refers to heaven in many forms.  Heavenly Father, heavenly army, heavenly realms, heavenly places, heavenly prize, heavenly court, heavenly sanctuary and heavenly bodies.   It describes another world, where we will one day be welcome when our earthly bodies become worn out.  Our lives do not end when we leave this earth.  We just start a new adventure at a higher realm. 


2 Corinthians 5:2
New Living Translation (NLT)
We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing.


"I know that I shall meet my fate somewhere among the clouds above; those that I fight I do not hate, those that I guard I do not love." W.B. Yeats

No comments:

Post a Comment